Do you enjoy talking to people and hearing their stories? Do you think you could help make community history lively and engaging for visitors?
We are looking for a team of volunteers to help with research and interviewing local people to bring the history of Paddington and St Mary Magdalene’s Church to life.
As a Heritage Pioneer you will:
- Work as part of a team, and independently, to research the history of the Paddington area, its people, and the church.
- Learn oral history skills and collect interviews, including recording, documenting and editing.
- Work alongside the project team and other volunteers to turn research findings into appealing content for themed exhibitions.
- Receive travel and subsistence for research visits to London Metropolitan Archives.
- Benefit from training and development opportunities to support you in carrying out the role.
- Be an ambassador for the Paddington’s Living Heritage at St Mary Magdalene’s Project.
This will suit people who … Have an interest in community history, the history of the church and the heritage of Paddington, and who think they would enjoy using archives for research. Or those with an interest in talking to a diverse range of people about their experiences and collecting their oral histories. Those who would like to learn more about sharing knowledge with visitors in a lively way both online and through exhibitions.
Time commitment: will vary to suit volunteer needs. Anticipate a minimum of a day commitment per month, but this is flexible to fit in with your schedule. Additional time will be required for training.
Minimum 4 hour session.
To find out more and register interest email, ring or text
Lucy Foster at Paddington Development Trust:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 020 3735 5175 | 07775 901963
You can download the PDF poster here Heritage-Pioneer
TEA AND TALK EVENT – St. Mary Mags Project Find out more about our volunteering opportunities! 14th July 2017, 3-5pm