St Mary Magdalene’s Project is offering all those happy snappers out there the chance to participate in our first Instagram Photography Competition. The winner will receive a £25 Amazon Voucher and your photo will be featured in our next Heritage Exhibition.
The theme for this photography competition is “Your Local Heritage” with photos being of your favorite place in the area. The task is to capture your local heritage and by that we mean the traditions, buildings and parks, special places, and community life. Anything or anywhere that has significance for you and the local community and makes this area the place it is. So grab your smartphone and show us what cultural heritage means to you!
To participate, post a photo with the #myheritageW2 hashtag on your public Instagram profile. Tag @marymagspad in your post and tell us what’s in the photo, and why it’s significant to you or your local area.
Everyone can participate in this competition, from professional photographers to amateurs.
Entry now open and you have until the 25th of June to upload your images on Instagram using our hashtag and tagging us.
Reasons for doing the Competition:
The Competition will provide access to new images and will increase:
- Awareness of the history of the local area.
- Awareness of SMM and West Fest activities.
- Community engagement.
- Public interaction with local and personal heritage.
Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter is: St Mary Mags Project.
2. The competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom except employees of St Mary Mags Project and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. There are two ways in which to enter the competition:
5.1 Instagram – submit a photograph digitally via Instagram with the @marymagspad handle and #myheritageW2 hashtag. If your photo is selected and you are under 18 you will be required to complete a parental consent form in order for us to be able to publish and use your photograph in our next exhibition.
5.2 Email – send your photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org
5.3 You can enter both to St Mary Mags Competition and Westbourne Festival Competition by uploading the same picture and using both hashtags.
6. Westbourne Festival Competition is run by the Festival Organisers and the entry for this one is valid only the day of the Festival where participants should take picture of their favorite moment of the event. The winning photography will receive a £25 Amazon Voucher sponsored by the Festival Organisers.
7. Entries submitted in any other way, including by hard copy, will not be accepted.
8. Obscene or inappropriate entries will not be accepted and St Mary Mags Project, reserves the right to reject any entries for any reason at its sole discretion.
9. Each entrant warrants to St Mary Mags Project that his/her entry is original, their wholly owned creation and made without the inclusion of material owned by any third party. Entrants will keep St Mary Mags Project harmless from any claims in relation to their entry alleging that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person.
10. All entrants hereby license to St Mary Mags Project the use of their entry for display on any St Mary Mags Project-owned or third-party website or other media for publicity purposes and agree to the waiver of their moral rights in respect of the same.
11. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
12. Closing date for entry will be Monday 25th June 2018. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
13. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
14. St Mary Mags Project reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of St Mary Mags Project’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
15. St Mary Mags Project is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
16. The prizes as follows:
1st prize – The winning photo will be featured in our next heritage exhibition with a complimentary comment in a small panel by the photographer. The winner will also receive a £25 Amazon voucher.
17. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
18. Winners will be chosen a panel of judges appointed by St Mary Mags Project.
19. Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges appointed by St Mary Mags Project.
20. Each winner will be notified by email and on Instagram on 26th June 2018. If a winner cannot be contacted or does not claim their prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
21. St Mary Mags Project will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / delivered.
22. St Mary Mags Project’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
24. Each winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their submitted entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
25. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
26. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to St Mary Mags Project and not to any other party.
27. St Mary Mags Project shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.